Saturday, November 5, 2011

What I am thankful for in November thus far! Such is life!

This past week I had strep throat and brochitis (well at least I'm pretty sure I had Bronchitis)-I self diagnosed that one. I didn't even have a voice on Thursday so needless to say I couldn't go to work since I am a speech therapist...
I was pretty worried since I am considered a high risk pregnancy but my doctor assured me that since I am 21 weeks along with no fever that the baby would be fine. I started taking an anti-biotic Tuesday and I am finally feeling MUCH MUCH Better! Thank the Lord!! Jeff and Luke also had a sore throat and bad cough but Jeff wouldn't go to the dr so he still feeling a little cruddy. I am hoping he goes Monday..we shall see. But, Luke seems to be doing much better too and coughing a lot less so I am thankful for that as well!

On another note, the medicine I have to take for my blood clotting disorder is $1000 a month!! Since we have private insurance (BCBS) they only covered two months of it...
We paid $400 for it in October and were supposed to be paying $1000 starting Monday but we just couldn't fathom paying $1000 for medicine and asked my OBGYN for other options. So, the other option is a cheaper medicine (by $700) but we have to draw it out of the viles ourselves AND i have to take TWO shots a day..AHHH! I know I can handle it but before this entire shot-taking process, I was deathly afraid of needles. Jeff used to give me my shots but they became more difficult for him to give once my belly started growing. (I have to have the shot given to me in my stomach or hip) So I started giving them to myself and it's actually going quite well. I seriously have to distract my mind with a reality show (i prefer the real housewives of NJ or BH) while I give it to myself. And believe me..it still takes me a long time to do!! Before each shot I think about how much McKenzie needs it and all of the people who have to take one or two or three everyday for their entire lives (like diabetics, etc)! So if they can do it..I can do it for another 4-5 months. God has given us the strength to get this far and has provided us with this healthy, precious baby girl- we are so very thankful!

So on a happy note, Luke's best friend, Avery, started going to school with him this past Tuesday. He has been going to a Montessori school for about 3 weeks now and is still having a difficult time adjusting. But since Avery went this week he seemed much more happy and willing to let me leave him at the drop off! After the first day of her being there, the teachers told me that he pretty much followed her around and commentated her every move. "Aby is sleeping, Aby is eating, Aby is playing, Aby is reading" Ha, I love it! I am so thankful that "Aby" as he calls her, is a school mate of Luke's now!!

Here are some pictures of them on a date at the duck pond a couple of weeks ago before it got cold! They really enjoyed feeding the ducks, turtles, and fish bread and tortillas :)I love these kids so much! I am so thankful for the Withers and that Luke and Avery have become such great friends!







I love how Luke attempts to hold her hand and then goes in for a hug! He truly loves this girl!

After their juice break-they headed to the playground



Luke was laughing hysterically at this little boy doing acrobatics in the swing beside him!
I can't wait to see these two grow up together..friends forever. Thank you Lord for this beautiful weather, my beautiful family, and my beautiful friends. We are so thankful for all you have provided for us and the strength you give us to get through each day! We are so thankful for YOU LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment